Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on

President Joe Biden’s administration is going to use a third convention center to house illegal immigrant youth.

The Freeman Expo Center in San Antonio is being converted to an Emergency Intake Center for children who cross the southern border without their parents.

Up to 2,400 kids can be housed at the facility, according to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and its Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).

“The Emergency Intake Site will provide ORR with needed capacity to accept children from Customs and Border Protection (CBP) into its care where they can be safely processed, cared for and either released to a sponsor or transferred to an appropriate ORR shelter for longer-term care. The Emergency Intake Site is intended for use as a temporary measure,” the agency said in a statement obtained by The Epoch Times.

The administration has already reached deals to house up to 1,400 immigrant youth in the San Diego Convention Center and up to 2,300 youth in the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center in Dallas.

Additionally, officials have opened at least five other locations to hold the children, and the Pentagon accepted requests to keep thousands of youth at Fort Bliss and another several hundred at Joint Base San Antonio Lackland. In total, ORR operates over 200 facilities and programs in 22 states. There’s also a plan to send illegal immigrant families to hotels, with taxpayers footing the bill.

Bexar County’s manager didn’t immediately return an inquiry. Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, asked about facilities possibly being used to house immigrants, told reporters on Tuesday that no agreement had been reached yet.

“We do have facilities there. They’re climate control. They’re large. But we are talking about, how will we handle security? Who would be the food provider, who will actually be managing the place? It’d be pretty much our job to, if we do it, to coordinate with them and to make the space available, but no agreements been reached yet. We’re just now talking about a possible contract,” he said.

The United States saw a jump in illegal border crossings in February, including an increase of over 3,600 unaccompanied minors from the month before. Officials have struggled to deal with the increase, with overcrowded conditions in Border Patrol facilities exposed through leaked photographs.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Texas
An overflow facility in Donna, Texas, in an undated photo. (Courtesy of Rep. Henry Cuellar’s office)

Biden’s administration stopped expelling youth who cross into the country, a reversal of the Trump era utilization of Title 42 powers to send them back to their home countries. The powers are used in a bid to prevent COVID-19 from entering the country through immigrants.

Biden told reporters in Washington that under the previous administration, unaccompanied children would “starve to death” after being expelled from the country.

“No previous administration did that either, except Trump. I’m not going to do it. I’m not going to do it,” he added.

Stephen Miller, a top immigration adviser to Trump, called the accusation “spectacularly false” and “a grave smear on our border agents.”

Illegal border crossers were returned to Mexico and unaccompanied youth were returned to their countries of origin to be reunited with their families, Miller wrote on Twitter.

“This humane policy from President Trump brought unaccompanied minor numbers to record lows. Biden’s disastrous decision to exempt minors from Title 42, and to stop the at-home reunification process in favor of domestic resettlement, single-handedly created this crisis,” he wrote.

A reporter had referenced a 9-year-old boy who claimed to have traveled without adults to the United States from Honduras. The reporter said they reached the boy’s mother by phone. She said she sent her son to America because she believed Biden’s administration isn’t deporting unaccompanied minors.

Biden asserted some youth will ultimately be deported. “The judgment has to be made whether or not—and in this young man’s case, he has a mom at home; there’s an overwhelming reason why he’d be put in a plane and flown back to his mom,” he said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Biden administration

VIDEO: Biden administration faces lawsuit from Texas, Missouri

Avatar

Published

on

Texas AG Ken Paxton tells newsmen that he believes the states will win in court and discusses the debate over reforming the Supreme Court.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Border Crisis

Sen. Blackburn asks Biden admin why U.S. spending $284K per migrant family to keep them in hotels

Avatar

Published

on

By

“The cost to taxpayers for housing 1,200 migrant families for six months is about $71,000 per person,” the Tennessee senator says.

Sen. Marsha Blackburn has done the math.

The Tennessee Republican’s interest was piqued after the Biden administration announced its intention to spend nearly $87 million to house 1,200 foreigners who illegally cross the border in hotel rooms in the U.S.

“As the current contract stands, the cost to taxpayers for housing 1,200 migrant families for six months is about $71,000 per person,” Blackburn wrote in a letter Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Immigration and Customs Enforcement acting Director Tae Johnson. “For a family of four, that amounts to a shocking $284,000 – enough to buy a small house.”

Earlier this month, the administration awarded ICE an $86.9 million contract through Texas-based nonprofit Endeavors, which will provide hotel rooms near the border for temporary shelter. But Blackburn also questions how the group spends its money.

She said Endeavors in 2018 collected more than $38 million in contributions and grants but noted that “IRS filings show that nearly $22 million or almost half of those contributions went to salaries.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

“This raises questions if half of the $86.9 million in ICE contract proceeds will likewise be allocated toward employee and executive compensation instead of migrant services or housing,” Blackburn wrote in her letter.

She also expressed concerns that Endeavors’ CEO Jon Allman has not provided “specific details about the contract.”

“It is unclear whether this nonprofit has ever previously managed a contract of this magnitude, housed a migrant population of this size or served vulnerable children without putting them at further risk,” Blackburn wrote. “DHS and ICE must provide commitments to assure Congress and the American public that Endeavors is up for the task of securely and efficiently housing illegal immigrants without resulting in waste or abuse of taxpayer dollars, or worse, harming vulnerable migrant children.”

Blackburn asked for answers by April 15.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Border Crisis

Trump Addresses Border Crisis in Wedding Speech at Mar-a-Lago

Avatar

Published

on

By

Former President Donald Trump lamented the worsening crisis on the southern border during a brief speech at a wedding party at his resort in Palm Beach, Florida, over the weekend.

“The border is the worst anybody has ever seen it. And what you see now, multiply it times 10,” Trump said according to a video obtained by TMZ.

“What’s happening to the kids—they’re living in squalor. They are living like nobody has ever seen anybody,” he added. “It’s going to be—look, it’s a disaster. It’s a humanitarian disaster from their standpoint and it’s going to destroy the country. And frankly, the country can’t afford it because you’re talking about massive, just incredibly massive amounts—and that’s our school systems, our hospital systems, everything.”

President Joe Biden revoked or put on hold more than a dozen Trump-era immigration directives and policies. Some experts say the revocations are to blame for the flood of unaccompanied minors and family units crossing the border illegally.

“They have the airplane photos—they call them shots—and these things are showing thousands of people coming over from South America,” Trump said.

“So it’s a rough thing and I just say, ‘do you miss me yet?’ Trump said to cheers from the crowd.

The former president also touched on the Biden administration’s handling of the relationships with China and Iran.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

“China … they never treated us that way right? You saw what happened a few days ago? It was terrible,” the former president said in an apparent reference to a rebuke a top Chinese official delivered on U.S. soil earlier this month to Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

The Trump administration had imposed massive tariffs on China and crippling sanctions on Iran.

“They’re telling me about China. They’re telling me about Iran. How are we doing with Iran? How do you like that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal. They would have done anything. They would have done anything and this guy goes and he drops the sanctions,” Trump said in reference to Biden withdrawing sanctions on Iran in February.

Trump also touched on the topic of the election, raising doubts about Biden’s come-from-behind victory.

“We did get 75 million votes. Nobody’s ever gotten that,” the former president said. “They said get 66 million votes, sir, and the election is over. Well, I got 75 million and you saw what happened.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 King Trump Fovever.