Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on

ATexas man is being allowed to stay on a mayoral ballot despite being a convicted sex offender.  

The candidate, Jerry Warden, is one of eight people running for mayor in the city of Arlington. He filed to enter the race on Feb. 11.

Warden is listed in the Texas registry of sex offenders after his conviction in 1996 for aggravated kidnapping and sexual abuse of a 24-year-old woman. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Texas election law forbids people with felony charges from running unless they are pardoned or had their rights restored.

A complaint about Warden’s eligibility was filed by another mayor candidate, Jim Ross. He filed an inquiry with the city secretary’s office on Feb. 22, according to the Dallas Morning News

In response to Ross’ complaint, city secretary Alex Busken said that state election law limits his office’s authority to declare a candidate ineligible. A candidate can only be determined ineligible due to their application or the documents presented with the inquiry.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Busken stated that Ross had provided a document showing Warden’s listing on the Texas Public Sex Offender Registry and that the document conclusively established that Warden had been convicted of a felony. However, the document did not conclusively establish whether Warden had received a pardon or had his citizenship rights restored, Busken wrote.

Therefore, Ross’ complaint does not establish that Warden is ineligible for the election, the newspaper also reports.

Warden told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he had his rights restored after he served his prison sentence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Donald Trump

Trump: Biden press conference will be nothing but ‘softballs,’ media ‘protects him totally’

Avatar

Published

on

By

Former President Donald Trump said Monday there was no transparency with the press from successor Joe Biden, although he added Biden didn’t need to hold press conferences because the media “protects him totally.”

In a lengthy appearance on “The Faulkner Focus,” Trump said Biden’s Thursday news conference, the first of his term after more than two months in office, would only contain “softballs” from reporters.

“There is none,” he said, when asked about the level of transparency from the new administration. 

“I guess you’re supposed to have a press conference on Thursday … It’s ridiculous the questions that are asked. What did you have for dinner? What kind of ice cream do you have, as he walks out? They never talked to me that way. That’s OK.”

Biden is the first president in a century to wait more than 60 days to hold a solo press conference. Trump said he enjoyed holding press conferences because that was the only way to “get the word out,” although he was also known in office for his loquacious Twitter feed.

“It’s the only way to get an honest word out because the press is really not a free press,” he said. “The way you get the press out is with press conferences. He doesn’t need them because the press protects him totally. If that were me that hasn’t had a press conference for as long, with all the things going on, especially at the border, but really you have things as big as the border, we’re not going to be energy independent within three months.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Trump and the press had a famously antagonistic relationship during his tenure, with both the president and press members sparring with each other in unusually aggressive fashion.Video

Trump has largely stayed under the radar since Biden took office, but he has been vocally critical of Biden’s liberal immigration policies as a migrant crisis threatens to overwhelm the border. On Monday, he referred to Biden as “Bernie Sanders on steroids.”

Although Biden has received far more deferential treatment from the media than Trump, the decision to wait more than two months to hold a conference and the lack of access to the border crisis has angered even the liberal press.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Local

UAW Rejects Ford’s Plan to Build New Vehicle in Mexico Instead of Ohio

Avatar

Published

on

By

The United Auto Workers (UAW) union said that Ford Motor Co.’s plan to build a new vehicle in Mexico instead of Ohio might be a violation of the auto manufacturer’s contractual commitments.

“We 100 percent reject the company’s decision to put corporate greed and more potential profits over American jobs and the future of our members. We expect the company to honor its contractual commitments to this membership and when it fails to do so we will take action,” UAW Vice President Gerald Kariem said. “We are intensely exploring our options at this time.”

In the letter, Kariem said Ford in 2019 committed $900 million for a plant in Avon Lake, Ohio (OHAP), and would include a next-generation Ford model to be added to the production lines in 2023. While that would have secured “employment well into the foreseeable future” for auto workers, he blasted Ford for not “honor[ing] its promise.”

“Ford management expects us to just hang our heads and accept the decision,” Kariem wrote in a letter dated March 12. “But let me be clear, we are making a different choice.”

Ford plant manager Jason Moore issued a letter to Avon Lake workers after UAW’s letter and said the conditions surrounding the expansion at the Ohio plant had changed. The 2019 agreement included a “reference to a $900 million investment and a new product for OHAP,” the letter stated. Moore said that the firm is investing in the plant and will increase Super Duty truck production there.

“While conditions upon which the 2019 Administrative Letter were based have changed, the Company is investing in the plant and increasing production of Super Duty trucks at OHAP,” Moore wrote.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Reuters reported that in November, Ford said it intended to produce another electric vehicle model in Cuautitlan, Mexico, as well as the Mustang Mach-E.

Ford spokesperson Kelli Felker didn’t say whether Ford would keep its agreement to invest in the Ohio plant.

“We are always looking at our options,” Felker told the Detroit Free Press. “We still plan to invest $6 billion and create and retain 8,500 jobs in America during the course of this four-year contract,” she said. “We are invested in [the] Ohio Assembly Plant and our dedicated workforce there.”

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) criticized Ford’s decision.

“In 2019, Ford made a commitment to invest $900 million at its Avon Lake, OH plant – NOW, it’s reportedly moving the entire project to … Mexico,” he wrote on Twitter this week. “This is unacceptable. At today’s Senate Finance Committee hearing, I called on Ford to keep its promise to Ohio workers.”

General Motors in 2019 stopped production of the Chevrolet Cruze at its factory in Lordstown, Ohio, which affected hundreds of jobs in the area.

President Joe Biden, whom the UAW endorsed for president in 2020, has reportedly sought to focus on U.S. car manufacturing as part of his plan to create new auto industry jobs.

It’s not clear what vehicle Ford is planning to manufacture in Mexico. Company officials didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Candace Owens

Candace Owens ‘100%’ suing rapper Cardi B for Twitter screenshot she says was defamatory

Avatar

Published

on

By

“I’m thinking me and you in a courtroom debating defamation law is what’s around the corner,” Owens tweeted.

Outspoken conservative commentator Candace Owens is vowing to sue rapper Cardi B for tweeting an allegedly fake screenshot of her that suggest her husband and brother having an affair.

The post was part of a Twitter exchange Tuesday that followed Owens saying earlier on TV that Cardi B’s performance on the Grammy Awards show on Sunday night was “degenerate” and “disgusting.”

After the screenshot was posted, Owens tweeted: “FYI I DO have a brother, a private citizen, who you are slandering right now with this photoshopped image that you are now publicly claiming you saw tweeted in real life.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

She later tweeted: “Just spoke with my family. I am 100% suing Cardi for that nonsense. You can’t just start throwing out wild lies against private members of my family because you’re upset someone called you out on your degenerate performance.”

The dustup neared its end with Owens tweeting: “I’m thinking me and you in a courtroom debating defamation law is what’s around the corner.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 King Trump Fovever.