Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on

California Governor Gavin Newsom is facing the very real possibility of a recall vote this year, as more than 80% of the necessary signatures to trigger a recall have been collected amid a plummeting approval rating for the once popular governor with presidential aspirations. 

The cause of his fading approval numbers appears to be his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in the Golden State. According to a Fox News report, “A new Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies survey of over 10,000 registered voters in California found that 46 percent approved of Newsom’s job performance – a sharp decline from the 64 percent approval rating he held last September.”

The number who feel that Newsom has done an excellent job dealing with the pandemic has fallen from 49% last September, to just 31% last week.

The Berkeley survey states that “only about half (47%) have a great deal or some trust in the way the Governor and state government are setting the rules when issuing stay-at-home orders or setting guidelines for business to follow to slow the spread of the virus, with majorities describing them as inconsistent (62%), confusing (60%) and ineffective (53%).”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

With more than 1.3 million of the 1.5 million signatures needed to trigger the recall already obtained, the survey found that “if a recall election is held, 45 percent of respondents plan to support the governor, while 36 percent would vote against him. Another 19 percent said they are undecided.”

Newsom could be helped by the fact that the number of daily new cases has dramatically improved in recent weeks, having gone from 53,700 new cases on Dec. 15 to just 12,000 new cases on Tuesday, based on data collected by the state of California.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

California

$900,000 Trump Inauguration Donor Gets 12 Years For Illegal Contributions, Tax Evasion

Avatar

Published

on

A California venture capitalist and top Donald Trump donor was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison for illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, hiding his role as a foreign agent and obstructing a federal investigation, officials reported.

Imaad Shah Zuberi, 50, was also ordered Thursday by U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips to pay nearly $16 million in restitution and a criminal fine of $1.75 million.

Zuberi, who donated $900,000 to Trump’s inauguration, used his San Francisco-based venture capital firm, Avenue Ventures LLC, to lobby U.S. officials for years on behalf of foreign governments, including Turkey and Libya, according to court documents.

“Zuberi turned acting as an unregistered foreign agent into a business enterprise,” said Assistant U.S. Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers. “He used foreign money to fund illegal campaign contributions that bought him political influence and used that influence to lobby U.S. officials for policy changes on behalf of numerous foreign principals.”

Not only was he secretly representing foreign interests, he was also scamming clients, according to prosecutors. Zuberi raised an estimated $7 million for U.S. Cares, a company he claimed would export humanitarian aid to Iran. But he ended up using 90% of the money for himself on real estate purchases and to pay off credit card and mortgage debts, federal officials said.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Zuberi had also funneled money to now-President Joe Biden, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and several other politicians, officials said.

A spokesperson for Biden said they had met mostly at donor events when he was vice president and that he had had no knowledge that Zuberi was breaking any laws, according to Politico. Federal officials said no one who received donations from Zuberi has been accused of knowing the funds were improper.

A number of the crimes were unearthed after questionable donations to Trump’s inaugural committee were investigated.

“I’m deeply sorry and, of course, humiliated,” Zuberi said before sentencing. “I have no excuse for what I’ve done.”

Officials said the case addressed the troubling influence of foreign money in the U.S. political system and would improve election transparency.

“Mr. Zuberi flouted federal laws that restrict foreign influences upon our government and prohibit injecting foreign money into our political campaigns,” Acting U.S. Attorney Tracy L. Wilkison for the Central District of California said in a statement. His sentence “underscores the importance of our ongoing efforts to maintain transparency in U.S. elections and policy-making processes.”
(The Huffington Post)

Advertisement
Continue Reading

California

VIDEO: GOODBYE! Newsom in PANIC Mode after WORST NEWS EVER Hits Him in the Face

Avatar

Published

on

Cristina Laila from The Gateway Pundit reports, Tom Del Beccaro, chairman of the Rescue California PAC working to recall Governor Gavin Newsom, said his team now has over the needed 1.5 million signatures to force a recall election this year.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Advertisement
Continue Reading

California

California COVID relief results in $2 BILLION in fraudulent claims

Avatar

Published

on

By

There appears to be as much as $2 billion missing from California’s new pandemic unemployment support program.

A report recently put out by the Bank of America indicated that there could be as many as 640,000 fraudulent accounts on the system.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the unemployment claims were filed and filled with debit cards people can use to access their benefits, but that some addresses received multiple cards, to the tune of hundreds.

According to the Foundation for Economic Education (FEE), the report found that multiple unemployment debit cards had been sent to a single address. In fact, in many cases, over a hundred and even hundreds of cards had been sent to the same address.

This comes on the heels of a recent revelation that California inmates have also been applying for and possibly receiving assistance due to the pandemic while still being incarcerated, despite their not being eligible for unemployment benefits while in prison. This money often winds up in the hands of organized criminal organizations.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

The inmates may have received collectively up to $400 million or more in fraudulent benefits.

Government bailout programs for individuals whose jobs were lost when the government shut down their workplaces had a very low bar for enrollment and receipt of funds. While this was intended to provide relief to those who found themselves without work through no fault of their own, it has resulted in fraud across the nation.

Washington State also had a rather low bar for unemployment claims, and ended up sending millions to a Nigerian scammer.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 King Trump Fovever.