Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on

. The decision is expected to take around two and a half months.

Former Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, who is a co-chair of the oversight board, told UK’s Channel 4 News that they are currently looking into the appeal concerning Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. The board was set up to be an independent group to hear users’ appeals and is comprised of 19 former politicians, journalists, and academics.

“It’s a very high profile case but that is exactly why the Oversight Board was created in the first place,” Thorning-Schmidt said.

In a statement to The Epoch Times, the board confirmed that “a user statement has been received in the case before the Oversight Board concerning President Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.”

“We will have no further comment concerning that statement until the Board has issued its decision,” they added.

Trump’s office did not immediately respond to The Epoch Times’ request for comment.

Thorning-Schmidt said that the board has 90 days to render a decision, adding that although the members would like to expedite the process, the time frame is necessary to allow for translations and experts to share their opinions.

The board is also reviewing public comments on Trump’s appeal. Thorning-Schmidt said they have already received “thousands” of public comments in this case.

Facebook suspended Trump indefinitely in early January following the breach of the U.S. Capitol. The Silicon Valley company was not the only platform to ban Trump amid a campaign these companies say is to remove harmful content from their platforms. Twitter, Google, Snapchat, Twitch, and other platforms also suspended Trump’s access around the same time.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg justified his company’s censorship by claiming the risks of Trump using the platform through Inauguration Day were too great.

“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great. Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete,” Zuckerberg said in a statement at the time.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

On the day that the Capitol was breached as Congress was gathered to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election, Trump made two posts on Facebook that the company found objectionable and removed, publicly citing Trump’s “use of our platform to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government.”

In both of the posts, one being a video, Trump told his supporters that “we have to have peace” and told them to “go home.”

Facebook said it removed the two posts for violating its Community Standard on Dangerous Individuals and Organizations under its policy prohibiting praise, support, and representation of events that Facebook designates as “violating.”

Later, after reviewing Trump’s communications outside the platform, Facebook determined to extend the block indefinitely.

Trump said last week that he was looking into options to return to social media including joining an existing platform or creating his own. He has, however, ruled out re-joining Twitter, which he called “very boring” after many conservative users departed from the platform after his permanent ban.

Perceived unbalanced moderation of users’ content by social media companies has raised concerns over First Amendment rights and a lack of checks and balances for decisions made by Big Tech companies.

Congress is looking to hold Big Tech companies accountable for their actions and has been seeking to legislate a new antitrust law. On Thursday, the House Energy and Commerce Committee announced a March 25 hearing with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, and Google CEO Sundar Pichai, who will be expected to testify on misinformation on online platforms.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Donald Trump

Trump website 45Office.com has been launched

Avatar

Published

on

By

“The Office of Donald J. Trump is committed to preserving the magnificent legacy of the Trump Administration, while at the same time advancing the America First agenda,” a statement on the website homepage reads.

The website of the office of former President Donald Trump has launched online and includes forms for people to submit correspondence, greeting requests, media inquiries and scheduling requests for Trump and former first lady Melania Trump.

“The Office of Donald J. Trump is committed to preserving the magnificent legacy of the Trump Administration, while at the same time advancing the America First agenda,” a statement on the website homepage reads. “Through civic engagement and public activism, the Office of Donald J. Trump will strive to inform, educate, and inspire Americans from all walks of life as we seek to build a truly great American Future. Through this office, President Trump will remain a tireless champion for the hardworking men and women of our great country – and for their right to live in safety, dignity, prosperity, and peace.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

The website includes biographies of Trump and his wife. The beginning of the former president’s biography says that he “launched the most extraordinary political movement in history, dethroning political dynasties, defeating the Washington Establishment, and becoming the first true outsider elected as President of the United States.”

Trump announces his and Melania’s official website is up: https://t.co/760WlWlhV4 pic.twitter.com/VhxRssMH3C— Kristina Wong 🇺🇸 (@kristina_wong) March 29, 2021

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Border Crisis

Trump Addresses Border Crisis in Wedding Speech at Mar-a-Lago

Avatar

Published

on

By

Former President Donald Trump lamented the worsening crisis on the southern border during a brief speech at a wedding party at his resort in Palm Beach, Florida, over the weekend.

“The border is the worst anybody has ever seen it. And what you see now, multiply it times 10,” Trump said according to a video obtained by TMZ.

“What’s happening to the kids—they’re living in squalor. They are living like nobody has ever seen anybody,” he added. “It’s going to be—look, it’s a disaster. It’s a humanitarian disaster from their standpoint and it’s going to destroy the country. And frankly, the country can’t afford it because you’re talking about massive, just incredibly massive amounts—and that’s our school systems, our hospital systems, everything.”

President Joe Biden revoked or put on hold more than a dozen Trump-era immigration directives and policies. Some experts say the revocations are to blame for the flood of unaccompanied minors and family units crossing the border illegally.

“They have the airplane photos—they call them shots—and these things are showing thousands of people coming over from South America,” Trump said.

“So it’s a rough thing and I just say, ‘do you miss me yet?’ Trump said to cheers from the crowd.

The former president also touched on the Biden administration’s handling of the relationships with China and Iran.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

“China … they never treated us that way right? You saw what happened a few days ago? It was terrible,” the former president said in an apparent reference to a rebuke a top Chinese official delivered on U.S. soil earlier this month to Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

The Trump administration had imposed massive tariffs on China and crippling sanctions on Iran.

“They’re telling me about China. They’re telling me about Iran. How are we doing with Iran? How do you like that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal. They would have done anything. They would have done anything and this guy goes and he drops the sanctions,” Trump said in reference to Biden withdrawing sanctions on Iran in February.

Trump also touched on the topic of the election, raising doubts about Biden’s come-from-behind victory.

“We did get 75 million votes. Nobody’s ever gotten that,” the former president said. “They said get 66 million votes, sir, and the election is over. Well, I got 75 million and you saw what happened.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Donald Trump

Trump’s Social Media Platform to Launch in 3–4 Months: Former Adviser

Avatar

Published

on

By

Former President Donald Trump’s social media platform will debut in three to four months, according to Corey Lewandowski, a former senior adviser with Trump’s 2020 campaign.

Lewandowski, in an interview with Newsmax aired on March 27, described the platform as “an interactive communication tool whereby the president is going to be able to post things that people will be able to report and communicate directly with him.

“What we’ve seen from Big Tech and the cancel culture is if you don’t agree with their philosophy, they’re going to cancel you, and we’re going to have a platform where the president’s message of America First is going to be able to be put out to everybody and there’ll be an opportunity for other people to weigh in and communicate in a free format without fear of reprisal or being canceled,” he said.

The new platform won’t rely on Amazon or Amazon servers, Lewandowski said in response to a question on what is being done to insulate Trump’s social media from suffering the same fate as Parler. That site had billed itself as a free-speech alternative to Twitter before it was simultaneously deplatformed by Amazon, Apple, and Google.

“It’s going to be built completely from scratch, from the ground up, and that’s going to give him the opportunity to control not only the distribution of it but also who participates in it,” Lewandowski said.

Lewandowski said that the former president has been working on the platform for “a long time.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Follow us on Parler For Uncut Raw uncensored content!

Jason Miller, a current Trump adviser, said last week that the president will soon set up a platform that will “completely redefine the game” and attract “tens of millions” of users.

Trump was banned from Twitter and Facebook following the Jan. 6 incident at the U.S. Capitol, cutting a direct line of communication between the commander-in-chief and tens of millions of his followers. Both companies alleged that the president’s messages could incite violence. The U.S. Congress later exonerated Trump on similar charges brought by Democrats.

Since then, a number of world leaders have expressed concern over the censorship. Twitter has said that its ban is permanent, while Facebook is deliberating whether to restore access to the former president.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) recently said he was “uncomfortable” with Twitter removing Trump and cautioned that people with a different view from Trump’s could be banned as well.

“Bernie Sanders, and I don’t agree with him very often, but he’s absolutely right. When you can cancel the president of the United States, the leader of the free world, from issuing First-Amendment rights and opinions then you can cancel anybody,” Lewandowski said. “Big Tech is out of control. They’re out of line.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 King Trump Fovever.